1.1 This is the privacy statement of De Schouwer, with registered office De Schouwer BVBA - 395, Rue de Verdun - Verdunstraat 395 1130 Brussels, registered in the "Kruispuntenbank van Ondernemingen" under number 0402.795.171. De Schouwer BVBA acts as the controller for the processing of the personal data communicated by you that it may obtain (i) directly from you in the context of its services, activities or products. Hereinafter referred to as DS.
1.2 DS carries out various activities as listed in the "Kruispuntenbank van ondernemingen".
1.3 This privacy notice may be amended by DS at any time. Please therefore consult it regularly.
2. Legal framework.
This privacy statement is subject to (i) the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (Privacy Lawï), and/or (ii) the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (ïAVGï) (together or separately ïPrivacy Lawï).
DS may process the personal data communicated by you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Legislation and this Privacy Declaration, for the purpose of offering and organising its services, activities or products. Those relate to language, history and art and include, but are not limited to: (i) organising events, courses and cultural tours, (ii) offering among others, books, magazines and CDs, (iii) carrying out direct marketing such updates, newsletters, info brochures, e-mails, invitations to events,  marketing materials and other information that might be of interest or useful to you, (iv) informing third parties (subcontractors and contractors) in this regard, (v) creating a membership database and collecting information about it and (vi) doing prospecting for new members.
4. Legal basis and applicability
4.1 The legal basis for this processing of personal data lies in: (i) the agreement that you enter into or have entered into with DS for the provision of ïin or more of its services, activities or products, and/or (ii) the explicit, unambiguous and active consent you have given to DS to process the personal data you have communicated.
4.2 This privacy statement does not necessarily apply to services, activities or products of third parties that might be referred to and to which a different privacy statement may apply.
5. Personal data.
5.1 The personal data that DS may use include: first name, surname, date of birth, gender, address, email address, telephone number and, where applicable, family composition.
5.2 By accepting this privacy statement, you warrant that the information you provide is accurate and complete.
6. Use, collection, processing, storage and transmission of personal data.
6.1 Communicating personal data to DS and/or participating in events, courses or cultural trips implies that you, as a communicator/user:
I. declare yourself fully, aware and informed with this privacy statement and accept it without reservations; and/or
II. give your express, unequivocal and active consent to DS to use, collect and process (or cause to be used) the communicated personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Law.
6.2 By communicating personal data to DS and/or participating in events, courses or cultural tours, you give DS permission to use the personal data to:6.3.
- achieve the purpose specified in clause 3.1;
- to better understand your needs and preferences so that DS can better tailor its services, activities or products accordingly;
- obtain statistical data;
- keep records;
- be able to comply with applicable regulations;
- to pass on to DS subcontractors and contractors for the implementation of the foregoing items;
6.3 DS guarantees that it will not pass on the personal data communicated by you to third parties, except to subcontractors or contractors for the performance of the services, activities and products offered by DS. In this context, DS is not responsible for the further processing of the personal data by those subcontractors or contractors.
6.4 DS stores the personal data (i) for the period necessary to provide or offer its services, activities or products called upon by you, with a maximum period of 5 years after the last service, activity or product provided, or (ii) for 5 years after the last activation by you as a member, or (iii) for as long as DS (or its legal successor) exists in respect of the data stored in the context of DS's archives .
7. Your rights.
7.1 The Privacy Law grants you a number of rights in relation to your personal data.
You have the right:
- To inspect and copy your personal data;
- To have your personal data corrected if it contains errors;
- To have your personal data deleted insofar as ïïn of the cases listed in Article 17 of the AVG is applicable;
- To have the processing of your personal data restricted;
- to have your personal data transferred to a third party;
- To object to the processing of your personal data, in particular in the context of direct marketing;
- to withdraw your consent on the basis of which the DS is entitled to process your personal data;
- to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (the Privacy Commission) if you consider that the processing of your personal data violates the Privacy Law;
7.2 Subject to proof of identity, to exercise the above rights and for further questions you may send a written, dated and signed request by letter to Processieweg 77, 3300 Hakendover or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
DS undertakes to the best of its ability to take all reasonable measures to ensure the protection of your personal data through technical security regulations and adequate security policies for its employees. The personal data provided by you to DS will be held by DS or, where applicable, by the personal data processor on servers located in Belgium or the Netherlands. You acknowledge and accept that the forwarding and storage of personal data is never without risk and, consequently, that any damage you might suffer as a result of the unlawful use of your personal data by third parties can never be recovered from DS.
As a result of the unlawful use of your personal data by third parties, you can never be recovered from DS.
9. Applicable law and competent court.
9.1 You agree that any dispute between you and DS in relation to personal data and privacy matters shall be governed exclusively by Belgian law.
9.2 Any dispute in relation to personal data shall belong to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts having jurisdiction over disputes at the domicile, to the exclusion of any other court.
10.1 Use of functional and analytical cookies.
In order to increase the ease of use of the DS website(s), so-called cookies are used. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on, for example, your computer, tablet or smartphone during your visit to this website. You can refuse the use of these cookies at any time, although this may limit the functionality and ease of use of the website(s).
DS , the website operator, uses two types of cookies on this site:
- cookies for functional purposes
- cookies for analytical purposes
1. DS uses Crowl to keep the content of this website up-to-date. This software uses functional cookies. This means that these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of this website. You cannot reject these cookies if you want to read our website.
2. DS additionally uses Google Analytics for analytical purposes. This analysis tool places cookies that we use to measure website visits (traffic). This allows us to know, among other things, how many times a particular page is read. We only use this information to improve the content of our website and to respond to topics that attract a lot of interest.
If you want to know which cookies have been placed on your device or if you also want to delete them, you can use a setting in your browser to do so. You can find more information on how to do this via the links below.
You can  the privacy statement of Google Analytics; read it here.